Since a few months, I use the Anytune application to do my transcriptions but also to work with my students.
For drummers, the application slowing down or slowing up the tempo without too much distortion of the sound, it is very useful to play hard pieces. The application also gives the possibility to put markers and to make loops between these markers … This application is an indispensable tool for the work of the musician.
Slow down music, choose the perfect pitch, and learn to play by ear!
ANYTUNE™ is the ultimate music practice app for singers, dancers and musicians of all kinds.
Use Anytune to learn to play, transcribe, practice and perform songs by slowing down the tempo, adjusting the pitch, repeating loops, setting marks, and sharing comments using your favorite tracks!
“If you’re a music teacher, dancer or budding musician, Anytune for iOS or Mac is a invaluable addition to the rehearsal environment, making practicing more dynamic and productive.”
– Matt Tinsley
“After spending the past three weeks getting ready to record a new album with my band, I’m so happy to have found out about this “slow downer” app. It was pivotal in helping us learn the notes to some of the more complicated solos for the cover songs on our set list.”
– Lori Gil
“For any real study and time spent digging into the meat of a tune, I believe that AnyTune is the way to go. … Anytune HQ 3 is now my all-time favourite slow downer for any iOS app.”
– Damian Erskine
***** “Great App – Anytune Pro is the most-used app on my ipad. It’s the best thing for learning tunes that would be too fast or too out of tune to learn easily. Saves me a lot of time. I love it!”
***** The Best!!! – Worth absolutely every penny. Other similar apps don’t come close to the quality of this one! It will slow things down to a crawl without a loss of quality. Looping and pitch adjusting at the touch of a finger. If you’re looking for better you won’t find it!”
***** “I teach music and recommend this app to all my students.”
Install Anytune for basic sound quality and features. Enhance Anytune with In-App purchase feature packs incrementally or get the feature rich Anytune Pro+.
– Practice at your pace by adjusting the tempo without affecting pitch
– Visualize your song to find the part you want quickly and easily
– Organize songs into folders and playlists / setlists
– Mark and loop song sections for practicing
– Record and share
– Stream audio to Audiobus and Inter-App Audio compatible apps
– Transparent import from iTunes
– Import Audio from Videos
– Backup marks and settings to iCloud
Basic (Included in Pro+):
– Custom Skins
– Ad Free
– Auto Loop Between Marks
– Lyrics Editing and Auto Scroll
Pro (Included in Pro+):
– Adjust Gain and Pan
– ReTune your song with scripted tempo and pitch changes
– Delayed playback start
– Loop Interval Trainer
– Transcribe mode to facilitate replay
– Unlimited audio marks
Studio (Included in Pro+):
– Amazing HQ audio quality down to 0.05x!
– Pitch up or down by 24.0 semi
– Pinpoint your instrument in the song with FineTouch™ EQ
– Feel as though you’re playing in the band with LiveMix™
– Queue up a mark for playback with Play Next
– Fade-In or Fade-Out music when playing or pausing
Import (Included in Pro+):
– Import your music from Dropbox, WiFi and Open-In
– Paste from the AudioCopy clipboard
Export (Optional In-App Purchase):
– Export a tempo/pitch adjusted track via Email or Open-In (m4a/aac format)
– Export to the AudioCopy clipboard
Remote Control (Optional In-App Purchase):
– Remotely control Anytune via MIDI or from a Bluetooth keyboard or foot pedals such as the AirTurn BT-105 or PageFlip Cicada.
Anytune is a Universal App. Buy it once for all your iOS devices.
Anytune (Mac) is available separately from the Mac App Store.
^ Anytune cannot play Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected files including streamed songs from Apple Music. 🙁
^ LiveMix using an iRig/HD, Apogee JAM, Microphone or most other adaptors.
Drummer since a few years now, I devote very quickly to the teaching of drums and percussions in music school or private school. In parallel, I play for artists, I develop projects for events. In 2012, I launched the Web Music School project to encourage my students to take an interest in their instrument when they leave their class.